Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Chocolate Soup.

I can't cook. Still.

I try though. And the results are worse each time. However, the scale of disaster has been much brought under control.

This weekend I tried to make chocolate pudding. Just the normal milk-egg-rum-chocolate- flour etc sorts. In a Microwave. Needless to say, I messed up. And I got a whole lot of Chocolate Soup instead.
I would be bull**itting you if I said I "knew" how to make choc. pudding, or that I've made it many times before, or that I was sure of the pudding being the perfect pudding. I've made this once in my life, with milk-eggs-choc-whiskey.... and on the hob. So no, there was no way of knowing, no expectation, nor hope really.

The thing is, I was undaunted. I thought Chocolate Pudding Soup was a perfectly OK thing to drink with a spoon, and the taste was yummy, even though the form was strange.

I gave some to Heather. Heather, being her, batted not an eyelid when I presented to her thus, and she asked.... "Not soup". "No." "Oh ok, thanks....". And later...."It wasn't too bad...it had something funky in it, i couldn't guess what." "Maybe Vanilla.". "Fancy."
Note: H and I talk of the most ridiculous things as if they are as normal as buying bread and milk. Hence, we talk only in full stops. Nothing surprising, no exclamation marks while we talk.

OF obligingly tried some that evening. but no more. The next day there was still half a bowl left. After dinner, OF took out a whole bar of chocolate, but ignored the half-a-big-bowl of the Soup. A little peeved, and a little hurt...I plonked myself-with-soup-bowl next to him, and asked... "You dont want?"  Head shake, negative. "Sure?". Head nod,positive. "You didn't like?" , with that Tone in my voice.

OF: "Its ok, just that I don't quite how to drink a pudding from a mug."
Me :" But it tastes fine, it just seems odd to be drinking chocolate pudding,or eating cold choc soup!"
OF:  With the * exactly what I am saying,thank you* roll of eyes, but vocalled : "I know".

I give up. The cat , on the other hand, is my biggest fan of my culinary trysts. 

No comments: