Saturday, November 10, 2012

Bookends and Weekends.

I am beginning to see a pattern to my weekends.

Weekends used to be fun! Weekends were for catching up on a movie, an extra long swim, going out to a new place with friends. Id have an extra long shower, and extra long bike ride. Id watch an extra movie( if possible), write a bit extra, travel a bit extra...( like...go for a drive.... about 400 kms away...and come back only after sunset), eat a bit extra.

Its now the opposite. I usually catch up on an pending errand, do grocery shopping, do cleaning equipment shopping, repair something, (grocery shopping takes up HALF a day!!).... fix something in the house, clean the house, somewhere in between try to buy a book, (not) meet a friend if possible, fix a date with plumber/carpenter, cook tupperware-fulls for the week, do laundry.

The week, is where the running, swimming and walk is strongly scheduled in. Or reading a book everyday. Or meeting someone (shudder shudder groan). Or travel, but make it a point to be home by Friday evening. I eat clean good food, because I stay at home and can get it together. Gah.

Its become the other way around. Ive become old. :(

I just read. Everyday. Thats the only thing I look forward to. Everyday. 

1 comment:

Miss RBit said...

Haha aww I fully sympathise darling girl. It's funny how similar our blog posts are.