Monday, October 22, 2012

Monkey Nuts.

I found my way back here.

After years and months...or scribbling elsewhwere, or having found other places. But this blog, is really just about me.
And Ive come back to it. Like a teenager. To write and sound a bit like a teenager. To go through a process, that is a bit teenage-ish. Writing makes things very final, and accepting. Even the moments of confusion, anger, hurt and angst becomes very imprinted...in it mass of adjectives, exclamations marks, question marks and incomplete sentences. And some moments, just need a little more thought.
Undo-ing that finality, and following up with an apology, a pardon, or bit more investigation becomes a mammoth task,too. No, writing, is not always good.
In writing it down, I feel that acceptance, and calm. However juvenile that may sound.

But for these fewmoments, to slip back into the zone that i grew up with, with the songs the words and the images that once made an impact on me, and the things I came to realize and swallowed...it is good to revisit that place, maybe.

So here I am. Very lost and far removed from everything that has been thus. Lost and far removed in everysense....

The best of this phase, is discovering words. I am a fairly uncool person, and the fact that I lived in villages, or amongst the corporate yuppie, and that I was in India.... made me uncool-er, in my dictionary of cool.

I love it how there is a word for everything. For a whole state of mind, a re action, a situation.

Lambchops. HomeBody. Facepalm. Noob. FrankenFood. Tartle(d). Cafuning.
 Its also fun how you learn it. Cafuning is a brazilian word for running your fingers through your lover hair. But here is how I was taught. "Saj...are you done cafune-forking your spaghetti? It has no meat in it!" Of course i had no idea what that meant, but I thought Cafune was a spice. A Capsicum-ish spice.

 Of course my secret favourite is BrainFart. No that isnt new, the Indian has learnt this lingo fairly quickly. I just have my private little mirthful moment every time someone has a "brainfart" moment. I look away as I imagine which bits of vocab , which language or which learning from what experience is farted. Or is it farted. Howd the brain register such a little thing, anyway. And Haha...If farts could speak. FartFaces speak,though. Brainfart. What a fun thing.


And the tone of it. Im learning to say so much, without saying them in tones of warning or negativity. Its suddenly sounds so arrogant to describe someone's behavior as "Pricey". Unless either of us are in a position to actually act pricey. "Don't sulk, yeah!" Thats thrown, so casually, and sans any hard feelings.

Of course, there is the whole new way that a Jewish-Kikoyu (thats a Kenyan Tribe) baby will speak her many languages. A bit of an American accent in her Kiswahili, and the Kenyan pronunciation of English words!


Americans do that, Cyril had figured it out. You crack a really funny ,witty one...and they just won't give you laugh! A very grave "Thats hilarious" Fullstop is all you get! Cyril said...someone tells you his God-mother died, you just say "I'm sorry". True that, I don't Boo-Hoo-Hoo as a reflex.
"Thats Hilarious."


Not to mention a certain kind of logical humor. "So Saj, is that why you decided to study Agriculture, because you love all animals? You wanted to feed them, eh?" I had to laugh. Far away from India...this is the first time my Educational Quests was not ridiculed, demeaned...or thought bizarrely strange. Followed by the Royal Indian Question.."But if you studied Agriculture, how do you know such good English?".
And with a perfectly straight face, I'd say "Thats hilarious".





No comments: